News:
Want to make or edit an OPML file? Visit the
[Link Removed] You are not allowed to view links. Please login or register
Register or Login
Developers
Forum!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PlayOn Updates  (Read 3197 times)
TRIP
Beta Tester
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 60

Its all fun till the cops show up :(

tripm0nkey420@hotmail.com tripmonkey420 tripm0nkey42o
WWW Email
« on: October 01, 2009, 05:58:26 PM »

not sure how this would work , probably have to clear with PlayOn dev
since everyone seems to be always running a different version

and auto update on PlayOn settings, isn't always working
can we have a PlayOn Update section?  and maybe a change log?

that way everyone could always have the latest update,

instead of going to the main PlayOn website /or using the update feature in the settings
but then again maybe that's not a good idea at all since there is already an update option , just a thought

Thanks,
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 06:04:07 PM by x1xTRIPx1x » Logged

Dave
DLNA Devices:PS3,XBOX360 SLIM ELITE/WII/Optoma TX1080/144"SCREEN
Connection:Wired/Wireless
ISP:Comcast

(Support Advice) If you would like us to do our best to help you,please include your setup info in your signature thanks
grosnombril
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 06:26:58 AM »

not sure how this would work , probably have to clear with PlayOn dev
since everyone seems to be always running a different version

and auto update on PlayOn settings, isn't always working
can we have a PlayOn Update section?  and maybe a change log?

that way everyone could always have the latest update,

instead of going to the main PlayOn website /or using the update feature in the settings
but then again maybe that's not a good idea at all since there is already an update option , just a thought

Thanks,

You are asking us to do what we all hate Microsoft for doing... Wink
OCP
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 07:05:07 AM »

I do not hate Microsoft, you just have to be patient with them as it is an ever expanding technology they are always working on for us.
  It would be nice to be able to undo an update if it causes the loss of plugins or podcasts until the bugs have been worked out. Whether it be a Playon software update, or a plugin update. at one point I had everything I wanted working now it is a mess again, and I do not have time to go thru and check every single plugin and podcast to see if it still works after the updates. I work loooong hours, like 12-13 hours a day so I do not have the time to do much when I get home.

grosnombril
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 07:10:03 AM »

I do not hate Microsoft, you just have to be patient with them as it is an ever expanding technology they are always working on for us.
  It would be nice to be able to undo an update if it causes the loss of plugins or podcasts until the bugs have been worked out. Whether it be a Playon software update, or a plugin update. at one point I had everything I wanted working now it is a mess again, and I do not have time to go thru and check every single plugin and podcast to see if it still works after the updates. I work loooong hours, like 12-13 hours a day so I do not have the time to do much when I get home.

I would have came up with something already but PlayOnPlugins prohibits us from bundling their plugins, etc.
TRIP
Beta Tester
Global Moderator

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 07:47:33 AM »

i update with PlayOn and everything,  works fine, ive only herd 1 or 2 other people say they update and it all gets messed up
maybe we need a guide on how to update just so updating goes smoothly.

Dave

(Support Advice) If you would like us to do our best to help you,please include your setup info in your signature thanks
mopenstein
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 141

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 06:32:01 PM »

I would have came up with something already but PlayOnPlugins prohibits us from bundling their plugins, etc.

You mean copyright owners want to decide how their work is released? Blasphemy, devil worshipers all of them!
OCP
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 09:22:32 PM »

i update with PlayOn and everything,  works fine, ive only herd 1 or 2 other people say they update and it all gets messed up
maybe we need a guide on how to update just so updating goes smoothly.

So how exactly is your Fox news plugin working?
And are you able to see anything on the Simpsons plugin, I get no files after the latest Playon update.
Nat Geo?
LiveTV?
FreeMovies online?
Some of these I do not care about, but most of them worked at some point and now they do not. I guess like anything if it is there you want it to work, why? I do not know.
I will try to uninstall them and reinstall them, but I hope that is what I have to do every night when I get home from work.
 Again I hate to come across as a Playon critic because it is a great thing and many many people are putting in a lot of time and effort here. I just do not have the time to troubleshoot it everytime I want to watch something, especially if you only have a couple hours of free time in a day.
TRIP
Beta Tester
Global Moderator

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 09:27:57 PM »

have you applied the latest PlayOn update
please go to the PlayOn settings, and chose system check,
and then chose, check for update, this will tell you there is a new update available
click that, and chose update, it will take u to the PlayOn page
and you can download a patch that will update your PlayOn to current version
(shut down PlayOn server, and then apply patch.)

i know it seems like there is nothing in those folders, but trust me there is.

please try that and let me know,
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 09:33:34 PM by TRIP » Logged

Dave

OCP
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 07:25:53 AM »

Updates are what caused the problems for me. I uploaded the newest Fox News plugin, and it has not worked since. I updated the newest Playon software about five times in the last week or so, and since I have lost some programming.
 Sure some have files appear, but some show as corrupt, and some simply say no files. I will play with it tonight when I get home from work, I am miffed if you are watching all of these plugins I mentioned.
TRIP
Beta Tester
Global Moderator

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 11:32:09 AM »

Updates are what caused the problems for me. I uploaded the newest Fox News plugin, and it has not worked since. I updated the newest Playon software about five times in the last week or so, and since I have lost some programming.
 Sure some have files appear, but some show as corrupt, and some simply say no files. I will play with it tonight when I get home from work, I am miffed if you are watching all of these plugins I mentioned.

ok fox news alot of people are having trouble with that
but if you need news, then there is the PlayOn Live plugin,

Register or Login

FreeMovies online many people have said its not working, i tested it today and its not working for me
Live tv is working just fine, havent herd anyone say its not working for them
Simpsons no problems, and havent herd anyone say its not working for them
Nat Geo was updated recently
Register or Login

so thats about it, i understand your are frustrated, the dev's are doing the best they can to address the isuses.

also for any other issues, please see the support section and chose what plugin you are having trouble with.

Register or Login

thanks, hope this helps

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 11:45:22 AM by TRIP » Logged

Dave

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: