News:
Want to give feedback on a plugin? Post it to the plugins thread in the
[Link Removed] You are not allowed to view links. Please login or register
Register or Login
Downloads
Forum!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cinavia DRM found in our PS3 stopping movies  (Read 68223 times)
lazya1

Times Thanked: 18

« on: May 29, 2010, 06:00:42 PM »

Has anyone been able to work around this problem?  Found that Cinavia was placed in systems starting in 2009 and advised to revert system to default values to view movies being stopped in all of our great plug-ins.  Has anyone tried this?  Open to suggestions.  Thanks;

A. Austin
yourcaptain

Times Thanked: 3

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 04:59:08 PM »

Go to system settings and disable WMA play back and see if that works. It seems to have fixed that problem on my ps3.

Vista 64
PS3 wired
PS3 slim wired
lazya1

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 04:39:36 PM »

To my surprise...you found the solution to the cinavia drm problem.  If you only knew how many people have continued to seek out a fix.  Thank you! Grin

A. Austin
dean2900

Times Thanked: 2

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 02:29:33 AM »

Go to system settings and disable WMA play back and see if that works. It seems to have fixed that problem on my ps3.

Great job posting this. I was just reading about that last week and no one had a solution yet.  People were working on elaborate ways to change the frequeny so that the Cinavia could be bypassed and it only needs one setting changed!

Dean

Just say NO to Internet Caps!
gate1975mlm

Times Thanked: 0

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 05:51:28 AM »

Does this really work?

I are you say after I disable WMA playback I will not get a message and no sounds when watching for ecample The Losers MKV file which has Cinavia DRM?
gate1975mlm

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 09:42:02 AM »

Ok I  disabled WMA Playback and I still lose sound with Cinavia DRM MKV rips!

O well Sad
lazya1

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 03:55:05 PM »

I disabled the WM playback to no avail.  The cinavia DRM still wins.  The research that I have done states that there is nothing that can be done thus far except to purchase one of two devices that do not have the Cinavia DRM built into them, WD TV HD LIVE and Popcorn Hour.  Otherwise,  ALL Blu-ray players and devices have a mandate (forgot from whom) to have this particular DRM installed in all devices made within the year 2010.  Sucks!  I know that there are two separate lawsuits pending requesting that the upgrade made on the PS3 have an option of being removed since there was NO MENTION that this would be downloaded two updates back.  Frankly, they were not forth coming in the information before the upgrade.  So, I am just going to purchase the WD TV HD live when it is on sale again for $82.00.  I have found this price several times on weekend sales.  Until then, we just have to wait until a hack has been made to remove the upgrade which installed the lovely DRM.  I will be posting this "fix" as soon as I know.

A. Austin
linkspls
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 06:18:45 PM »

How do you Disable WMA? I don't see an option on my PS3.
MrBiG

Times Thanked: 7

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 09:22:59 AM »

Nothing personal but this is just one more reason that the PS3 is a lousy media player; along with no MKV and NTFS support.
jammingramps

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 11:49:58 AM »

Found that this only hampers the "R5" movies or those that are "pirated" or Screeners.  At least this has been my experience.  Uh oh! Guess I just gave myself away. Hope there's no DRM folks on here. LOL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: