Welcome
News:
Welcome to PlayOnPlugins.com! If you want fresh stuff for PlayOn, we can help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: All kinds of problems with PlayOn Plugins and Scripts  (Read 1526 times)
TRex23

Times Thanked: 0

« on: August 10, 2010, 04:57:03 AM »

I've had PlayOn for quite awhile now and I update it pretty much every time an update comes out. About a month ago I upgraded to Premium.  Presently I'm using a 2.x version of the software.  I have installed a bunch of plugins and scripts according to directions and have had good success accessing them in the past. 

But lately, I am finding more and more that content is not available.  Case in point -- VeeHD.  I can't seem to get any movies anymore.  They never get to the point of loading and I keep getting the message that the content can't be played on the XBox 360.  I have played movies before from VeeHD on the same setup with no problem. 

I also get problems with MovShare Movies.  Aside from the fact that you can't really find anything easily, I have been having problems playing movies.  Additionally, a lot of the other plugins show "No Videos Found".

Some stuff works so I know my server is running properly.  I check the software under the plugins tab  :(and they are all there and they are all enabled.  I am running a direct ethernet cable to the XBox 360 so it is not a wireless thing.

I'm really getting annoyed with the whole thing.  When I bought the basic about a year ago I was really happy with it.  I took the time to download and install scripts and programs and I have since upgraded to premium and re-downloaded a lot of the scripts and plugins. 

I use this mostly for movies but if I can't get it to work I'm probably going to cancel the premium and just go with my lifetime basic license which is already paid for.  At least then if it works it works and if it doesn't, I'm not spending any more money.

The concept of PlayOn is great and I have talked it up to my tech-savvy friends.  But I'm starting to be concerned that rather than things getting better and more content being accessible, just the opposite seems to be happening.  Working with the scripts and plugins seems to be getting quirkier and they are less reliable and stable.

I know this is kind of a long-winded rant and lead up to my question, but anyway, if anyone can help me with some ideas about how I can successfully access the VeeHD and MovShare Movies and other content that I was previously able to get I would appreciate it.  Also, if anyone has had similar problems I would be interested to hear it.  Maybe there is something I can do to straighten this out.
banbjones
Super User

Times Thanked: 9

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 06:05:00 AM »

I had the same problem about a month ago after I ugraded to playon premium. The advice I received worked perfect! My setup is win 7, xbox 360, hard wired to router. I was told to delete the playon pluggin software and reinstall the full version (not the update!) and BINGO! It works flawless again. I did have to reininstal all my scripts again but found that not only did it update all the scripts but cleaned out a lot of old unused scripts. it took a little time installing it all again but well worth it. Also just in case the playon doesnt remember your license number you should write it down.
And anouther suggestion that I tried was the Megavideo premium account. WOW, I bought the 3 month for 20 bucks and now all the mega video movies in tvlinks are fast downloading and no time limits in much better picture quality and almost always available. Well worth it if you have few bucks kicking around. Good luck.
banbjones
Super User

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 06:16:42 AM »

One more thing about paying this megavideo site if you or anyone reading this decides too. We have know idea who they are and i suggest you either use there paypal or a pre paid visa debit card. I would never give my bank or credit info directly to them.
TRIP
Beta Tester
Global Moderator

Times Thanked: 60

Its all fun till the cops show up :(

tripm0nkey420@hotmail.com tripmonkey420 tripm0nkey42o
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 06:20:26 AM »

@banbjones
Megavideo is a legit site/company.

Dave
DLNA Devices:PS3,XBOX360 SLIM ELITE/WII/Optoma TX1080/144"SCREEN
Connection:Wired/Wireless
ISP:Comcast

(Support Advice) If you would like us to do our best to help you,please include your setup info in your signature thanks
TRex23

Times Thanked: 0

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 06:48:01 AM »

[/quote
I had the same problem about a month ago after I ugraded to playon premium. The advice I received worked perfect! My setup is win 7, xbox 360, hard wired to router. I was told to delete the playon pluggin software and reinstall the full version (not the update!) and BINGO! It works flawless again. I did have to reininstal all my scripts again but found that not only did it update all the scripts but cleaned out a lot of old unused scripts. it took a little time installing it all again but well worth it. Also just in case the playon doesnt remember your license number you should write it down.
And anouther suggestion that I tried was the Megavideo premium account. WOW, I bought the 3 month for 20 bucks and now all the mega video movies in tvlinks are fast downloading and no time limits in much better picture quality and almost always available. Well worth it if you have few bucks kicking around. Good luck.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I will try it.  I know that I have done this once already -- uninstalled PlayOn, deleted any databases, reinstalled full version and downloaded all plugins and scripts, but I just can't remember whether I did this BEFORE or AFTER I signed up for premium.  Anyway, it's worth a try, but I'm not sure it's going to work because I recall doing this once.

As for Megavideo, I think I got referred to that site once -- maybe from this forum -- and I recall signing up for what I thought was a FREE account or something like $4.99, but then I noticed that there were going to be recurring billing charges.  I rembember having to cancel quickly.  It may not have been that particular site, but I remember that I incurred a charge but never got to use the service because I had to cancel to avoid getting regular charges.  I'll have to look into it again if it sounds legit and works with PlayOn.
banbjones
Super User

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 07:10:56 AM »

The Mega video charges a one time fee they collect at checkout. They have different plans and each one is a one time charge. It told me that my membership will expire in 3 months and will need to signup again. They have better plans even lifetime but I wanted to try it 1st. Very easy to install your id and password on the TVlinks script directly from our playon pluggin i keep on my desk top. I thought it would have been complicated but ended up very simple.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: