News:
Got some news to share? Post it in the
[Link Removed] You are not allowed to view links. Please login or register
Register or Login
General
Forum!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Netflix and Windows 7 Media Center Issues  (Read 943 times)
deadfetus

Times Thanked: 1

« on: October 13, 2011, 08:16:17 PM »

Okay, these are two separate issues but I figured I'd merge them into one.  My first problem happened a couple of days ago when Netflix stopped working.  I go and check to see if the Netflix username and Passwords were correct on the Playon Interface and at the top of the interface's window, I get "Not Responding" as soon as I hit test.  This makes me have to force shut Playon via task manager cause I gave it a whole half hour to let it do something and it just stayed there.  I know it's not the computer cause it's a real fast Inspiron with 4 gigs of ram and a 500 gigabyte hard drive and everything in Playon says Max next to it.  I checked it through my web browser and I can log in fine.  Using playon on windows media center and PS3 and Netflix on both says "Cannot connect". 

My other issue is with Windows Media Center in Windows 7.  I am using VMC PlayIt plugin for Windows Media Center and it was working a couple of days ago and now when I try to stream a show or even try and play a video on my computer through the plugin, I get an error saying "This version of Playon is not supported on this.  Can someone please explain to me what to do?  Thank you. 
sammy410

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 07:57:09 AM »

Answer to question 1 netflix has had outages over the last several days.  you can check it here
[Link Removed] You are not allowed to view links. Please login or register
Register or Login
http://downrightnow.com/netflix
  Its currently up

With respect to your streamer and playon.  if you have updated playon, it is possible that the VMC needs to be updated as well. You may want to check their site for updates.    If you continue to have problems. Try switching to XBMC.  XBMC is free and does not need to be updated for changes in Playon.  It is available at XBMC.org

deadfetus

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 04:44:59 PM »

Thank you very much for the quick response.  I tried updating the windows media center and it still is having a problem so I changed to XBMC.  Thank you for the help!  Very appreciated!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: