how to install plugins
in the
[Link Removed] You are not allowed to view links. Please login or register
Register or Login
Guides
forum!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vizio Co-Star  (Read 1370 times)
deadringer

Times Thanked: 20

« on: September 15, 2012, 07:00:36 PM »

This device looks awesome. Has anyone used it with PlayOn. It is DLNA for sure.

OS - Windows 7 (64 Bit) PlayOn Version - 3.4.20.2520 (Premium)

DLNA Devices - PS3 - iPhone - XBMC - WD Live Plus (wired)- iPad2 - Touchpad (through browser)

Connection - DSL 8MB
Shanghai

Times Thanked: 3

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 08:09:55 PM »

This device looks awesome. Has anyone used it with PlayOn. It is DLNA for sure.

I beleive  lartomar2002  picked one up...ask him.
mardukeme

Times Thanked: 1

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 11:22:58 AM »

I have the new Sony one nsz-gs7 which is similar to the co-star. You need to get a app for dlna there is no native support. I use gtvbox which does and it is a great media player as well, or you might be able to side load the playon Android app. Though on the googletv box I discovered I can use Navi-x, and Icefilms Icestream. That I have been using playon less since it streams directly no need for a pc to be on. Still use playon for my ps3, and Xbox.
lartomar2002
Super User

Times Thanked: 12

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 04:05:10 PM »

I would have replyed sooner but it seems that Playon Plugins doesn't want to send me a notifications any more. no matter what threads I am subscribed to. Anyways I have tried everyway possible except to get Playon to work on the Co-Star and have not had any luck. I have not tried gtvbox yet. There is a free dlna player that sees playon but will not play any videos and gives no explanation as to why. When I first got the Co-Star I was able to get Playon by using the Chrome browser and going to m.playon.tv but, when I try that now I have very bad A/V sync problems. I belive that if Vizio can not generate some revenue from something they it block it or throttle it some how. As for the box itself it is very glichy unless you were one of the lucky ones. Go over to the Google TV forum and check it out you'll see. Their tech support has no hands on experience and only read from a  troubleshooting list. If it wasn't for OnLive games I would be returning it. I have pre-ordered a OUYA and when it arrives I will be putting the Co-Star up for sale. I had high hopes for this because I bought a Vizio 47" tv 2 years ago and it jhas been fantastic.

BTW, can someone tell me who to contact about not getting my email notifications?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 04:16:05 PM by lartomar2002 » Logged

Cpu: Intel Core i3 2.93Ghz DDR3 SDRAM 6 Gb Ram
Router: Netgear WNR 2000v2
Network: Wired (cat5e)
TV: Vizio SV472XVT
AVR: Bose V35 Lifestyle HTS
Dlna Devices:WDTV Live HD (WDLXTV), Ouya (XBMC) PS 3 160gb, Directv HR24-500
ISP: Road Runner 20Mbps DL 2.0Mbp (Wired)
mardukeme

Times Thanked: 1

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 09:16:41 AM »

I think to get Google TV to work the url is g.playon.tv not m.playon.tv. Anyways like I mentioned before I use gtvbox with Playon and it works great worth the couple of dollars. Also take look at Ammo Navi-X. It's another good program for streaming or downloading on Google TV.
deadringer

Times Thanked: 20

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 06:13:53 PM »

Thanks for the replies. I will hold off on getting one for now.

OS - Windows 7 (64 Bit) PlayOn Version - 3.4.20.2520 (Premium)

DLNA Devices - PS3 - iPhone - XBMC - WD Live Plus (wired)- iPad2 - Touchpad (through browser)

Connection - DSL 8MB
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: