News:
Want to make or edit an OPML file? Visit the
[Link Removed] You are not allowed to view links. Please login or register
Register or Login
Developers
Forum!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Playmark beta released in Playon 3.7, You dont need scripts anymore  (Read 12174 times)
superstreams
Script Writer 1

Times Thanked: 52

Email
« on: June 12, 2013, 03:59:07 PM »

This is blowing my mind. The ultimate solution to writing scripts, you dont have too!! Check it out and upgrade Playon to version 3.7 for Playmark! We're introducing a new free beta feature that's available for all PlayOn users: PlayMark! This browser extension works with PlayOn and PlayLater and allows you to bookmark virtually any online video to watch on your TV. No more letting the PlayOn Team and plugin developers choose what content you can watch with PlayOn or record with PlayLater. Take a look at our blog post to learn more about PlayMark.

[Link Removed] You are not allowed to view links. Please login or register
Register or Login
http://www.playon.tv/blog/three-exciting-new-features-playon-and-playlater?sf13843055=1
ajbmw

Times Thanked: 3

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 04:15:32 PM »

It sounds cool, but since I know nothing about this I will definitely need more instructions about this.
superstreams
Script Writer 1

Times Thanked: 52

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 04:17:27 PM »

Works great for some sites but not very well for live streams
flhthemi
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 04:42:31 AM »

I think it sux.
moose53
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 07:32:27 PM »

I've tried it a half dozen times tonight ... does nothing but crash my Firefox.  Wishing it would work; but, not impressed so far.
Cabin Fever

Times Thanked: 0

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 08:09:01 AM »

I tried it ~6x, but can't get it to work, using IE. Can't seem to get PlayMark to even show up in Google Chrome.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:54:40 AM by Cabin Fever » Logged
ajbmw

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 02:38:15 PM »

In Google Chrome, you have to go into settings and extensions and allow it to start.  It shows up as a little icon next to the add favorites star in the right hand corner.  Still haven't gotten it to work though.
TheGhost

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 02:41:30 PM »

Sucks, they should work on getting ride of the transcoding BS IMHO. Most peeps have quads or higher now.
gjtoth

Email
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 07:04:24 AM »

This PI worked fine for 2 days in Opera then died.  I can't get it to run in any other browser.  Embarrassed
mborden115

Times Thanked: 1

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 03:46:16 AM »

This is not working for me at all. I uninstalled playon and installed the latest version, went to the channels and enabled playmark and checked firefox and IE but I just get an error message when I try use it. Would be amazing if it worked Sad
tomorem

Times Thanked: 1

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 06:46:48 PM »

I love Playmark and have been using it a lot since it came out... but I've run across a new issue.   It was working great for me using Firefox 21, but after I updated to Firefox 22, Playmark began crashing the browser.  It DOES still find and capture the video to folder but then when I push "finished" Firefox crashes and the Mozilla error-feedback window pops up asking permission to re-start Firefox.  I haven't tried the option to send directly to my DRM, but I'm guessing that any streaming activity would crash along with the browser.  To clarify, I can still capture video to the PlayMark folder and watch it on my TV using PlayOn, which is awesome, but I have to re-start Firefox after every video I save.   Pretty annoying, but worth putting up with for now, IMHO.  Hopefully one of you wise folk can come up with a patch...   Smiley
flhthemi
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2013, 05:33:21 AM »

I love Playmark and have been using it a lot since it came out... but I've run across a new issue.   It was working great for me using Firefox 21, but after I updated to Firefox 22, Playmark began crashing the browser.  It DOES still find and capture the video to folder but then when I push "finished" Firefox crashes and the Mozilla error-feedback window pops up asking permission to re-start Firefox.  I haven't tried the option to send directly to my DRM, but I'm guessing that any streaming activity would crash along with the browser.  To clarify, I can still capture video to the PlayMark folder and watch it on my TV using PlayOn, which is awesome, but I have to re-start Firefox after every video I save.   Pretty annoying, but worth putting up with for now, IMHO.  Hopefully one of you wise folk can come up with a patch...   Smiley

I had some problems after the last update but not the same as yours. I downloaded a full installation file from PlayOn and installed it and that took care of the problems I was having. Have you tried that yet? It may solve it.
Darlene Wright

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 06:52:44 PM »

Just tried Playmark first time - Adele on You Tube - bit fiddly but watching now - perfect!  Using Chrome - once I selected the video had to click on the Playmark icon in upper right corner of laptop screen - then had to select Play and Save and it worked!!!  Whoo Hoo!  Love it!
EmperorWatcher

Email
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 08:27:06 AM »

Interesting issue variations. I can't get it to install on Firefox, but IE and Chrome seem to work.. occasionally.

AMC has been a bust. Support says it is because of log-in requirements, but PlayMark docs say that it will remember your logins. Meanwhile, it doesn't work there.

I got it to save a couple of Rachel Maddow shows, but once again, it isn't  consistent.
frostycold

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2013, 11:14:53 AM »

Very finicky.  Plex It works much better..for now....
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: